Monday, July 18, 2005

I am back after one week off planning my move into the heart of darkness. I don't know how I will cope with the strange conditions, up is down, black is white. I hear they kill puppies while shrieking with glee. I am moving to St. Louis. I will try to cover as many topics as I can remember from the past eight days.
  • Rumors have sprouted up that the Cubs are thinking about trading for Juan Pierre (272/319/360). While I am not totally against this move I belive that people are putting far too much stock in it as a possible season saving trade. Most years Pierre is a very good player, the prototypical leadoff hitter. But this year his numbers have been only a slight bit better than Corey Patterson's were. Moreover I think that Jerry Hairston
    (264/348/392) is doing a more than capable job in center. If we are going to give up the farm for a player I sure hope we could net someone much better like Adam Dunn.
  • What the hell is the point of having Ronny Cedeno up in the big leagues if he isn't ever going to play. He isn't getting regular at-bats, something not good for a player so dependent on BA, and is playing not much better than Wison did.
  • God damn! Did anyone else gag when they read the headline from Phil Rogers article at ESPN "Patterson Gives Pie Time to Bake". Wow that is some genious title. I mean Felix Pie's last name is spelled like the pastry. This guy gets to vote for HOF, MVP, CY and all sorts of other awards?

I have to go pack some more and the game is on. I hope we can sweep the Reds going into the St. Louis series.

1 Comments:

At 9:31 PM, Blogger lmcnellis said...

White Flag Over Waveland.

Join us in our spirited, good-natured ECONOMIC boycott of the Cubs. We all love our Cubs and can never stop being Cubs fans, but we can stop feeding so much of our hard-earned money to the cash hungry owners of the Cubs -- the Tribune Company.

BoycottTheCubs.com is a website for Cubs fans who are fed up and have finally had enough. Check out our initiative at Boycott the Cubs. I'm sure you'll find our website highly entertaining, fun, and irreverent. And no, you don't ever have to stop loving and being a fan of the Cubs.

We have already provided a link to your website. Please provide a link back to us if you like our site.

Always loyal -- but enough is enough,

lmcnellis

 

Post a Comment

<< Home